Connecting to QuickBooks
To connect Syngency to QuickBooks Online, follow these steps:
1. Click Settings in the main menu:
2. In the Settings side menu, click the Accounts tab:
3. At the bottom of the Accounts tab, select "QuickBooks" from the Accounts Integration dropdown, then click Save.
4. When the page reloads, click on the new QuickBooks tab that has appeared at at the bottom of the Settings side menu, under the heading "Accounts Integration":
5. You will need to connect to QuickBooks and select the company you wish to sync with your Syngency account. To do this, click the "Connect to QuickBooks" button:
6. You will be redirected to QuickBooks and prompted to sign in if you aren't already.
Once you are signed in, a screen will appear prompting you to select which QuickBooks company you want to link to Syngency:
Once you have selected a company, click the green Next button, and after a few moments, you will see "Syngency and QuickBooks are now connected" and will be redirected back to Syngency.
Disconnecting from QuickBooks
Should you ever want to disconnect Syngency from QuickBooks, click the Disconnect button which appears next to your company's name in Syngency's QuickBooks settings.
Mapping your chart of accounts
Once your QuickBooks account is connected to Syngency, your sales items and chart of accounts will be listed in the dropdown menus next to each Syngency transaction type.
You will need to map each transaction type to the corresponding item or account in QuickBooks. Syngency will then associate each transaction with this item or account, each time an invoice, bill, or vendor credit is created in QuickBooks.
Be sure to at least set the following in each section:
Once you've finished mapping your chart of accounts, be sure to click Save.